This documentation describes the excentos Web Analytics tool (https://analytics.excentos.com) to analyze the traffic and success of your Product Guides.
The excentos Web Analytics tool is based on the popular and powerful Matomo software framework. Matomo (previously named as PIWIK) is one of the leading Open Analytics Platforms and provides many advantages:
- Matomo is a software platform that allows 100% data ownership (unlike Google Analytics, for example), meaning we assure your data remains your data only (and will not be shared with third parties).
- it allows far-reaching customizations of reports as they are required for Guided Selling.
- for a general documentation on how to use the interface and work with the reports, please refer directly to Matomo: http://matomo.org.
The Matomo community has compiled a great Guided Tour that shows all most important features and customizations: https://matomo.org/docs/matomo-tour/.
Content of this Documentation
(see also the page navigation on the left)
Goals and Concept of excentos Web Analytics
The philosophy of the excentos Web Analytics tool is to make it as easy as possible for our customers and partners to:
- access the usage data
- identify success parameters
- track business goals
- find out exit points in order to increase conversion
- offer reports and data that provide consumer insights on how your prospects and customers take the buying decision
- allow to analyze browsers, screen resolutions, device types etc. in order to improve the Product Guide's user experience
This documentation shows how to use the reporting functionality in the excentos Analytics to achieve the goals mentioned above.
You can access the excentos Analytics here: https://analytics.excentos.com
- The excentos Analytics is accessible to literally any modern web browser, but we recommend using up-to-date Firefox or Chrome browsers.
- The login to the excentos Analytics is provided to you individually per user by the excentos staff
Please protect your username and password and/or frequently change your password to protect your data. You can change your password yourself.